Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Of Being Chosen For A Supervisor Position And Leadership Qualities

Today I was voted supervisor during an anonymous election in class. The election was in regards to various topics, such as confidant, competitor, friend (to whom I would lend the Olds Alero, to which I answered no one), etc. Each person who was chosen for champion exhibited qualities that their "title" should. For example, the "friend" (car loan) category was a "good driver," a careful observer of others and of the law. I believe that I was chosen as Supervisor because I have the appearance of being organized (I'm terribly scatterbrained and have awful short-term memory), can properly structure a sentence & meet deadlines (even though I can't read traditional clocks),  and take charge when needed.

Also, here's a helpful clicky-link to learn more about perception and seeing channels.
NPR- Decoding Body Language

4 comments:

Matt R said...

Its true, your a great person and I think you deserve it.

Andrew Sullivan said...

Very good post

Michelle Sylvia said...

Courtney! I am going to teach you how to read an analog clock!! I would agree with your classmates - they voted your "organized"! Sometimes our perception does not match the truth. For instance, if someone slouches a lot and appears lazy with their body language - it might not be true! They may have the most energy, but they carry themselves differently. Know what I mean?

Sloyce Reeper said...

Nice summation of the activity but don't you don't have to sell yourself short. Confidence can mean a world of difference. Also, wonderful article on body language. NPR is a snazzy news outlet.