Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Senior Project

The night before my senior project I was very apprehensive and even though I practiced my presentation repetitively I felt unprepared. Not knowing the judges made it a lot easier. My mother on the other hand made me feel more nervous, weirdly enough you would think it would be vice versa where the judges made me more uncomfortable than my mother. I was up all night honestly worrying for absolutely nothing at all. I walked in, set up, got introduced and then reintroduced myself individually to each one of the judges. On my tri-fold board I had my key talking points set out then individually went into more detail. I passed out my brochures, business cards, and menus. Then I showed them my website on the computer and explained to them how I designed it. I also talked about the learning stretch and also how my paper tied into my project. I was originally disappointed about going first, but that was actually an advantage because the judges had no one else to compare it to, and I also didn't have to spend the rest of the day worrying.

I put a lot of time and effort into my project. I actually enjoyed working on my website. I learned a lot about Adobe Photoshop, I experimented with a lot of the tools and learned how to better manipulate pictures. I also used Adobe In design for the first time it was very interesting. It was similar to Microsoft Publisher, but it has more detailed options which made my brochure look a lot better than it could of in Publisher. I am glad that it is over, and I am glad that I got to experience it to I enjoyed presenting and designing my website.

Makayla Soule

No comments: