Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Senior Project Experience-Victoria Sousa


Honestly I was very nervous going into my Senior Project Presentation. I wasn't nervous this morning when I got up or even when we went down to the library. The first time I began to get nervous was when my mom got to the school. I was more nervous about presenting this in front of my mom, than I was presenting to the judges. I think this was because I didn't really know the judges (aside from Mrs. Barrar and Mr. Riendeau) and it made it easier to present it to them. I thought the presentation went ok. It definitely didn't go as smoothly. I think (especially at the beginning) my nerves got the best of me. Once I relaxed and stuck to my points it went ok. If I had a do over I would definitely do it differently and would have done a run through in front of the class. I didn't really think about how I was going to explain my website as well as my business plan. I think that is where I struggled in my presentation.

I felt that when it came to answering the judge's questions I was able to answer them confidently and knowledgeably.

I had a really awesome time on this project. I learned a lot (like how to create a business plan) as well as trying something new on a concept I already have experience in (using a web template for my web site instead of creating my site from scratch like I usually do). I'm glad that I chose the topic that I did and could teach others about wheelchair sports as well. Overall, I was very proud of my final product and was relieved when the presentation was over. If I could give advice to underclassmen regarding senior projects it would be to definitely do a run through before the real presentation.

No comments: