Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Senior Presentations

Thank god it's over! I have to say it came quick though. Overall I enjoyed today. Not going to lie, I was very nervous up until my time to present. On the bright side, it's over and done with! I presented right after lunch today and I wasn't too happy about that though. I'd rather have been one of the first so I could just do it and get it over with but it's alright. Overall I think my presentation went alright. I felt that I could have done way better. Nerves definitely kicked in and held me back from doing my best. I had a great start. I had a great introduction, and made sure to shake all of the judge's hands. Throughout the presentation I got a little nervous and lost my train of thought. I wish I had explained things better and brought up more points. The ending went pretty well though. The judge's and I had a great conversation and related to each other on some things. I also enjoyed the judge's I had; they were all very nice and respectful throughout my presentation. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The best part about today would have to be that we got it done and over with! I'm very glad we did this today!=)

As for the sophomores, the only advice I have for you is do NOT wait until the last minute. You're almost juniors. Get started asap! Time flies by when you're a senior; don't let it catch up to you. Ask for help when needed and most of all pick something you're really interested in and have fun with it! Good luck everyone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think that this is very good advice for us under classmen. I like how you were nervous at the beginning, just like everyone was, and then calmed down at the end. Don't worry I bet that you did better than you thought on your presentation. Congrats!


Allison Andrews