Monday, March 29, 2010

A day in the life of Cynthia’s computer

If someone were to be looking through my computer, they would see that I love taking pictures with my friends. They would discover a lot of what I do in my spare time through those pictures. They would also see that I make a lot of different lists so I stay organized and I know what need to do when it needs to be done. I believe that both are true; that our computers and their contents shape us as well as we shape them. When we get a new computer, it's like a blank canvas. As we add applications, programs, and files; the computer begins to be our own. So when someone were to analyze our computer, they truly see how we are as a person by the contents on our computer.

If I was to be famous and the "museum of me" is erected, I think visitors would be interested in looking at my computer because it does reflect a lot about who I am. My desktop has very few icons on it because I like to make it simple, but it has enough so that I don't have to go searching for a whole bunch of stuff every time I have to use it. Also, my wallpaper is always a quote that reflects something that means something to me. I become inspired by the simplest things and having a quote on something I look at every day is amazing. I don't think I would mind too much if my computer, files, and internet history were on display for the world to see because it would really reflect the kind of person I am. Yes, there is a lot of Facebook and MySpace on there but I also look up other things as well.

If I had the chance, I think I'd look at Bill Gates' computer. He's a computer geek and I think it would be interesting to find out what he really looks up.

1 comment:

Michelle Sylvia said...

Love your analogy of how a computer is a blank canvas and you can shape it. Sometimes our computers - like our lives - become so cluttered with junk and it would be nice to start anew! Hey - and like our lives, as our computers get more and more bogged down with all of those programs, apps, files, the computer goes slower and acts sluggish. Just like our lives, huh? The more junk we carry on our backs, the harder it is to get through. :) Time to lighten the load and clean out the junk! <3 Nice post.