Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Communication in the Workplace – Cameron Richards and Austin Soares

Since I’ve come into contact with technology it seems to always be advancing at a rapid pace, along with things becoming obsolete because of this rapid advance. With this new technology comes new ways to communicate with each other and this is no different inside the workplace. Communication in the workplace has changed a lot over the years and has really improved the speed that they are able to communicate at. You used to have to send out actual mail and wait for it to reach that person which could take forever and then when it finally reached them they had to mail you back and you had to wait for it to reach you again. How useful does that sound now that we have e-mail, which allows you to send a message to someone instantly no matter where they are located? Then again why sit at your computer and send an e-mail when you could just send a message on the go with your phone with texting, even if I think it is getting out of hand because we text more than we walk according to CNET.

This change in technology makes my life easier as well because I can call anyone I want whenever I want and update how my life is going at the touch of a button. I asked Austin how many messages he usually sends out a day he said “about fifteen text messages per day and 5 E-mails” which wouldn’t have been possible without this new technology because it would’ve taken forever for him to do all that. I, Cameron that is, don’t really take advantage of this new tech very much. You could say I’m out of the norm because I don’t text, I don’t go on Facebook, and I don’t go on twitter. Though I don’t really use all this popular tech I do use Instant Messaging a lot, AIM to be specific, and I also use Skype when I’m talking to my friends which I’m thankful for this new tech for this because I would not like to be waiting a month to get a response to my simple “hey what’s going on” to which I would probably just get a “nothing much”.

Now let’s go back to the business aspect of this new Communication Technology. In business you have to be quick and one step ahead of the game at all times and if a message took a month to reach somewhere and then another month to get back to you, I’m over exaggerating how long it actually took just to make a point it did feel like a month back then though, you could just take the quick part of that plan right out. I mean you don’t even have to put up a commercial anymore, ok maybe not that drastic, you can log right on to twitter or Facebook and just leave a message talking about your product and why it’s just oh so good and why they should spend money on it. I’m waiting to see them hop on AIM and just send me a message like “Oh hey there you don’t really know me but how about you buy some Pepsi its good I swear.” Which at that point I would finally have a use for the report spam feature. Or maybe they’ll just send you a fax and tell you to buy something, seriously though when’s the last time you actually heard someone sending a fax? That’s like hearing someone said “hold on just got something on my beeper”. Technology improves the way we live and there is no denying that so in my opinion the more tech that comes the better we live our lives, unless something terrible happens and the tech we make backlashes on us or something but hey at least we can tell people what we’re eating in 140 characters or less.

No comments: