Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Welcome To The Blogosphere!

I have just finished reading “Welcome To The Blogosphere” By Blaine Flamig. This article explained how blogging started off, and where it is in our present day. Blogging first began in the late 1900’s as public diaries that people could comment on. Present day blogs now consist of many topics, such as politics, entertainment, and many other such topics. In fact, we have a blog here for CIT’s seniors! Microblogging is another way to blog, and this is when you blog in smaller bursts than whole paragraphs. In fact, Twitter is the classic example of microblogging. Blogging has become more popular since the smartphone and the iphone started going online, because not people can blog from their phones. People can also get paid for blogging, by advertising for companies on your blog. Google’s Blogger is free, and you can make a decent blog on there with ease, so I recommend it for anyone who wants to make a blog. I personally love blogging, and I hope more people get into it.

20 comments:

Brittany said...

It's interesting how blogging has changed.

Cam said...

Great presentation! How many blogs do you follow? The statistics could be shown in a chart to make it easier to understand.

Curtis said...

Second!

dawesome said...

Cameron is rude!

Curtis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Allison said...

Blogging seems cool if you are a good writer.

Amelia Catheirne said...

great presentation Mellisa! do you like blogging?do you have your own blog?

Michelle Sylvia said...

I remember a while ago my students were using the blogging site called Live Journal. Is that site still around?

Ashley said...

Great presentation! I didn't know that blogging has been around since the late 90's. Cool stuff.

Nick Barthe said...

do you by any chance think you would consider trying to find a steady income through blogging yourself, since you love it?

Chellsey said...

You have a blog right? what do you write about?

Adriana De Castro said...

That was pretty cool. I think blogging is great!

Curtis said...

I love you! Great presentation! I liked how you were very diverse with your information about how blogging was built and how its maintained.

Kelsey said...

blogging is pretty big now, huh? good presentation melissa.

Molly McCabe said...

blogging seems really fun! do you follow a lot of blogs?

dawesome said...

Seemed pretty interesting. I don't really read blogs much, though, but there was some useful information for those who make their own blog.

Katryna said...

blogging is a great way to tell people how you are feeling, but some people put to much on there blog. nice presentation :]

Felkey said...

I personally never liked or understood blogging. I have no need of reading about the life of some guy I will never know half way around the world. Another thing is that it is very annoying. When you go to research things, often you will get some guy's blog with his opinions and stuff on it instead of the actual thing you are looking for.

Good presentation though.

Lisa said...

I love blogging! You did a good job presenting, too!

Omega Wolf Melissa said...

I'm only following three blogs so far, but I plan to look up many more to follow. It's interesting.

I love blogging, and I do have my own blog. I post different stuff on it. Mostly I post when I've updated stories and such on there, but I post other stuff on there two. I might make a couple others as well.

Live Journal still exists, but I believe it costs money to join now. I'm not sure though.

I would love to make a steady income through blogging, if I could I would never leave the computer. XD

Aside from just posting when my stories and poems are posted or updated, I also tend to write about anything new that has come out, reviews for books and movies and the sort, and other things that just happen to be on my mind.