Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Mac Is Back

In this article Seth Colaner talks about Apples latest releases,the new MacBook Air, Mac OS X Lion, and the Mac App Store. the new MacBook Air took all the technology from the IPad and put it in a very non-conventional notebook. The MacBook Air is only .68" thick due to the absence of a normal hard-drive and battery. The MacBook Air takes advantage of the flash memory in the IPad but in a "flash chip" form so that they can be spread out thinly and in more ares to allow for a thinner design and more space for the battery. With the increase of size the new batteries can last up to five hours for the 11" and 7 hours for the 13" and like the IPad's there is no "boot time" the laptop will start right up no waiting.
In addition to this Mac also unveiled its Mac OS X (version 10.7) Lion, which incorperates some of Apples latest elements of the IPad and Iphone including "Mission Control" which is a birds eye view of what is running on the computer. The best feature of the new OS is the Mac App Store which is all apps for the Mac computer, making it easier to attain programs that you want. All in all Apples latest advances are mind blowing and continue to change the way we use computers.

17 comments:

Katryna said...

i want it!!!!!!

Nick Barthe said...

i don't like that it's so thin, that would bother me

dawesome said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brittany said...

I really like MacBooks, but they are so pricey.

Allison said...

I want a MacBook Air please. Will you buy me one?

Adriana De Castro said...

That was a great presentation specifically because I've been seriously considering getting a macbook air for sometime now. Thanks for showing!

Amelia Catheirne said...

do you want to get the mac book air?

Kelsey said...

how did you get the prezi to zoom all the way on the pictures and do that thing at the beginning?

Ashley said...

If you didn't have a good laptop already would you get a macbook air?
Cool prezi.

Omega Wolf Melissa said...

Seems rather interesting. Might be something I'd want in the future, I'm not sure. Good presentation.

Chellsey said...

Do you plan on getting one? Your presentation was really good, and the design was amazing.

Lisa said...

I like it. Buy me one (:

Molly McCabe said...

I want a MacBook. Would you get one?

Michelle Sylvia said...

I'm AFRAID to switch but I WANT to! omg, what should I do? :)

Curtis said...

Mac is like a flamming rocket. No one knows why it's on fire it just is. Never owned a mac, never truly used a mac, never plan on owning one in the near future. Great presentation though. ALIENWARE FOREVER!

Felkey said...

Seems like a good computer for people who focus on portability but 13" seems too small.

Cam said...

I am thinking about getting one i think that they are fun to use but i want to sell one of my other ones to get the Air