Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Skype For Your Office

This article was about how Skype could save you some money on your phone bill. It told you how to set up your phone and hook it up to your router so you can make calls through the internet. Skype to Skype calls are completely free and the only time you have to pay is when you make an out of Skype call. However, there is an upside to this as well. Because Skype makes calls via the internet there are no long distance charges. The only problem is when there is heavy Internet traffic and you might have to deal with delays or dropped calls. However, this can be fixed with options like “traffic shaping” and “automatic uplink speed” which will allow Skype extra bandwidth when needed. Overall Skype is a great investment with great benefits that will save money on your monthly phone bill.

Andrew Felker

14 comments:

Adriana De Castro said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adriana De Castro said...

This is great, I have this and I used it when I was in Terceira to talk to my parents in America. It worked pretty well considering the distance. Also, my dad uses it for his business and for family. It's a great utility!

I wish more people used it actually.

FIRST

Katryna said...

love the presentation :]

Cam said...

I use skype a lot so i think that this is a great idea to have it in your office to use! and its ok if the prezi is still a learning curve

Nick Barthe said...

if you call a landline on skype, does the person get charged as well as the person with the skype phone?

Ashley said...

Loved Your Presentation!!!! I also love skype. I want the skype phone.

Chellsey said...

This is a great idea, how much does it normally cost?

Brittany said...

I have used Skype before and it was okay except for the fact it kept cutting out and had the picture was static.

Molly McCabe said...

very interesting, more people should use it! presentation was good!

Amelia Catheirne said...

do you like skype? if so do you use it often?

Lisa said...

I thought your prezi was funny. I think that it is cool.

Omega Wolf Melissa said...

I tried Skype before, it was kinda nifty, and it worked fairly well (especially considering Yahoo and AIM's messenger didn't work well at all for me and screwed with my computer quite a bit). I prefer to use MSN and my cell phone though.

Michelle Sylvia said...

I think I must get one of these! My mom and dad are in Arizona and I would love to "see" them more. Very cool technology. Sorry your Prezi went nuts!

Curtis said...

I enjoyed the presentation! It was quite fun! I hope that in the future we get the chance to use skype in a more publicized manner.