Monday, May 3, 2010

Senior Project.

The very day of my senior project presentation has arrived, when I walked into that room after a full year of hard work and dedication and I was the most nervous I had ever been in my whole life; Judges sitting at the table smiling, me pouring sweat, and my project in front of the whole room for everyone to see. This I think was one of my most horrifying experiences, all I know is I’m glad it’s over and I’m going to be getting out of here a high school graduate. There’s so much I learned over the course of creating this senior project, I was very tipsy-turvy. I couldn’t pick something I wanted to do, I thought of tons of different ideas but the one that really came out at me was to create a Women’s Magazine.

While creating this magazine I learned that it’s not all glamour there is a lot of things that need to be done and you definitely need to stick to the task at hand because if you don’t, you usually lose your thoughts and get confused. I’m really happy I got a chance to do this, it really boosted my confidence and it gave me a chance to do something I love. I hope to further my career as an editor and follow in the footsteps of Helen Gurley Brown, who was the editor-in-chief of Cosmopolitan for over 32 years. There’s nothing I am happier about then when I walked out of the room after my presentation, I hope to never have to do that again! (:

No comments: