Monday, May 3, 2010

Newhook Business Consultants

    It's finally done! My senior project is done and over with. After lots of hard work, mind changes, stress, and developing ideas, I'm proud to say that I'm confident with my final product and I have presented myself very well.

    In the beginning, I was very nervous. I was beginning a co-op job and had to find time to actually develop my senior project. I came up with a plan to get it done, though. Over the course of time between November and January, I developed a business plan which was used for both my senior project and Business Professionals of America. I was happy I could use the two on both projects and succeed on them. Using my plan as a part of a BPA competition made me get to see what my flaws were in my business plan and presenting it in front of a panel of judges.

    Due to the time constraint pressing closer and closer, I had to give up my co-op job, but I had high hopes of being able to finish my senior project. During time between March and April, I developed my website and was able to come up with different ideas. I was just going to develop a website and call it quits. Then I decided to develop a small marketing campaign and create a television and radio commercial. Then, due to the fact that I created those commercials, I created a press release to back up my commercials. I then thought it would be fun to sign up for a Twitter account for my company. Finally, I developed a database for my business to show that my goals in my business plan could be developed. I'm glad I thought of all these ideas, just so I could come within the time constraint of my presentation.

    My presentation wasn't hard at all! The only thing that I thought was difficult was trying to fit my presentation into ten minutes. I had so much to talk about that I would be going over ten minutes! I brushed upon my business plan, then went through my website quickly and efficiently, and provided an example for my database. The judges seemed to love it and were very impressed, and I'm glad! I feel confident and accomplished when I think of my senior project, and I'm glad I'm finally done with it.

    Good luck everyone, with whatever they may choose. It's been a long four years and now it's time to grow and do what we want with our lives. Thanks for the good times, everyone!

No comments: