Monday, May 3, 2010

Senior Project Impressions - Austin

The senior project presentation was the easiest part of my entire project in my opinion. Originally, I started to become stressed out leading up to SkillsUSA because I was unaware if I would have enough time to practice what I was going to say in front of my judges. Fortunately, the practice that I had on Thursday in shop before I left gave me a taste of how It was going to all turn out.

Flashcore was relatively easy to make, however, the tutorial system and all of the screenshots involved really slowed down the production of the web site in general. In fact, the tutorial was completed on Friday, a week before the presentation in shop. The actual project was finished on Sunday at 9:00 because I was still working on the Table of Contents sections for each and every section with correct names and such.

My senior project experience left me in a good mood. Not only did I work on the biggest project that I have ever worked on, but also, I was able to finish it on time and was able to present it in a way that would ultimately show that I do have what it takes to create and finish a media-filled, unique tutorial system and have fun while doing so. If anything, the only thing that I would have done differently was start to create more additions and try to figure out a way in which to incorporate it into its very own application instead of using Adobe Flash player. Overall, the project was a success and I believe that I proved myself.

No comments: