Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My Computer/Ryan

Computers have changed the way we access information over these last few years. With this easy access to information comes a host of online profiles that shows a person, their interests, and their habits. Everyone’s computer is completely different therefore people could tell many things about the websites you visit. I think this is the greatest benefit of the “online” era. We as complete individuals can leave a list of places that describe who we are and everything we want to accomplish, own, buy, sell, and just look at. Our entire personality just put online. People could learn so much from looking at the websites I visit. Looking through my history you could see sites like Wikipedia for my love of looking things up or maybe gamespot.com to see the next game review maybe you could see sites like guitar center to see my love of music.
Our computers have almost come to the point of shaping us in our world. They have become so important it has become second nature to totally rely on them for any and all information without it I think maybe people wouldn’t be able to function as well. It is sad but a bit true. We use them so frequently that they have become as big a part of our lives as technologies like the television or even the refrigerator. The information we can get can also help us discover things about ourselves so I think that these computers have come to shape who we become especially to little kids. Over time I think we will look to the past at others computer identities to see what they were like and if people visited mine they would see a lot. They would see my love for music constantly looking up “just one more band” while wasting valuable time. They would see my love for cinema. They would see how I check almost obsessively reviews, new trailers, and even just rumors about movies. I think is a bit scary how accurately you could get a clear picture of my personality just by checking my history. I think people would enjoy comparing their internet lives to my own in a museum setting. I would like to show off my “online” life and have people have that moment where they are life “oh, I visited that site too!”
I think the most interesting thing we could do with computers would be to look into the leaders and innovators of the past and see what they would look up. I’d look through so many people. The list is long I would look at Aristotle’s, Jesus, Mohammed, Newton, Beethoven, Poe, JFK, Bobby Kennedy, FDR, Randy Rhodes there are so many. I’d looked at people, who are alive too like George Romero, Zakk Wylde, Steve Bushemi, Bill Clinton, or Tom Hanks.

No comments: