Monday, May 3, 2010

What I thought was going to be Dooms Day…

This whole year I have been worried about today; even last year when my boyfriend went through it and told me about the process and the big day. I can't say I was scared, but I was definitely nervous. I made a business called Bellisima. It's a clothing boutique for teens/young adults. I made a business plan, business cards, a letterhead, a flyer, and I also included my designs that I drew myself. I colored them in Photoshop and I think they came out really nice. I'm not the type of person that studies things all night so for me to just basically walk in there with half the practice as everybody else, it was pretty bold. All throughout my senior year, I have been putting all my time and effort for one moment; the 10 minutes that would decide whether I was going to graduate or not. It's a scary thought when you think about it. This project is 60% of my fourth term grade as well, as if we didn't have enough to be worried about. So today when I woke up I had every intention of going back to bed and skipping today, but I got my butt out of bed and got ready. I dressed in a black & white skirt with a black shirt. Pretty professional I think. My mami came with me to school and we walked into homeroom to get ready. I was first so the pressure was on. I wasn't nervous until the judges walked in. Then it hit me; I was really about to make a presentation that determined my attendance at graduation. My hands began to shake, but I played it off like I was fine when the truth was, I was really tense. I shook the judges hands, handed them my business plan & over papers, and I was off. "Hi my name is Cynthia Wolent as Mrs. Sylvia stated before…" I stuttered the first line. When I'm nervous I tend to use bigger words that I think sound right, even if I don't know the right definition and I did do that once so I hope it was right. L When concluding my presentation I forgot to ask if they had any questions and I just thanked them. They, of course, made sure they asked their questions, but they weren't hard to answer at all. One was "would you like to carry on in this trade in the future?" And the other one was "When it comes to the advertising portion, is that for a one time ad or a year?" I looked at my mami & I saw the tears welling up in her eyes which made me do the same, but I sucked it back in. After I walked out with my mami, the pressure on my shoulders lifted off and I was so relieved it was over. It doesn't feel like senior projects are over or school for that matter. This last four years flew by faster than Mrs. Pearson told us they would at freshman orientation four years ago. So much has happened in high school for me and this just finished it off nicely. I wish everyone graduating this year luck J

No comments: