Monday, May 3, 2010

Senior Project- Devin Gillespie

I've been thinking/dreading senior project ever since I found out that I had to do one. But in the matter of five minutes, it was over. Years of worrying, a year of actually doing it, and all it takes is five-ten minutes? For me, in the beginning I had no idea what I would be doing for my senior project. I kept changing my mind whenever I began and thought that I would end up falling flat on my face with nothing to even present. With much thought and some guidance by Mrs. Sylvia, I came up with the idea to do my senior project on doing a tutorial for accounting.

During the process of senior project, it still didn't hit me that I was on a strict deadline and that I'd be presenting this to judges as well as my teacher. I did slack off at points where I should've been focusing a bit more and that shows in my senior project. Mrs. Sylvia was very generous with us on giving us time to do our senior projects but just like me, not all of us took the time to actually DO them. However, doing my research, and actually settling down and getting into the groove of senior projects, it became educational as well as exciting.

Now that it's over, with all the time and effort thrown in, my five minute presentation is over. I think that it went better than I expected and I wish that I wasn't so nervous before hand because it just made something that wasn't so bad, horrible. Looking back, I can see the effort that I threw in as well as the lack of in a little mixture. Actually doing the presentation wasn't so bad because I knew what I was talking about and I was glad to see that I could explain something good that I did by myself. The only regret that I have that I made DURING my presentation is that I get really nervous when I speak in front of people, so it wasn't as long as I would have liked it to be.

No comments: