Monday, April 5, 2010

My Computer – Cameron Richards

When you think about your computer, you might never take the time to actually think what just might be on there. There is a lot of information that you would never think of being out there and seeing it might shock you. Now think if all this information was made public, in somewhere like a museum, how would you feel about that? Would you like everyone who goes to this place to be able to see what you’ve done on your computer? Just thinking about it kind of creeps me out because even if I have stuff on there I would be fine sending to friends I might not want people to check out all of my information. It might just be me but I feel that what I do on the computer as long as it’s legal should stay with me and remain that way unless I want to show someone something.

When it comes down to it though do you really have anything that you don’t want people seeing? I mean on my computer all they would really find is gaming type things which I really wouldn’t care if people saw. I mean I don’t care what people think about the gaming sites I’m on now so why would I care if it was public? Still I wouldn’t want that to be plastered up in some museum, mostly because that’s pretty boring stuff, it’s my information and that’s where it should stay not up somewhere so everyone can just look at it and check it out. Really though how much information would you be able to get out of my Gamespot account, or other accounts that I have, because mostly anything you would find on those sites are already out there on the web, I mean really just go onto the site and look me up not like anything on there is really private.

Though when you think about it aren’t we the ones responsible for what’s on our computers, for the most part, so why should we really want it to be secret? It’s not like my computer is just going to turn itself on, hopefully, and go on something that I don’t want it too, knock on wood, so why should it be private? When it really comes down to it the stuff on our computers are there because of what we look up it’s not like it’s someone else fault. Still if it came down to it I just feel like something that’s supposed to be private should stay that way and not just throw somewhere for the public to eat up like I was on TMZ. I mean the only reason people would even look at it would be to try finding something crazy on it that they can talk about and if they never find anything then they just throw it off as boring.

I really can’t imagine going to a museum and seeing something about my computer just because how boring that would be. Oh look at that he looked up a game on Gamespot isn’t that just crazy such a thrill, well maybe for me because I like that site. Half the stuff I do on my computer bores me so I couldn’t imagine someone watching it for hours, unless they needed a place to sleep in the museum or something, because really the average person doesn’t have this crazy life that you can find out on a computer. I mean there is the rare case where someone might be living a second life or have some strange private information but that’s only fun for so long. So when it comes to me if you looked at my computer you would probably be bored out of your mind unless you like video games, even then you would probably have more fun watching paint dry.

When it comes down to it I wouldn’t really want my stuff in a museum for a bunch of different reasons but if it ended up there I wouldn’t mind. I guess I don’t care enough about the stuff on my computer because nothing on there is really that crazy, unless you count checking mmo-champion every now and then as crazy. I just feel like if something is said to be private, not that anyone said that your computer is private it’s just thought of like that, then it should stay private and not put into public.

I’m sure that a lot of the people reading this will be like “Yeah that’s right!” and then go back to checking TMZ for some crazy gossip news. I mean I really don’t care enough to go through someone’s computer but if I was forced to pick one celebs computer to go through I guess I would go through The Cool Kids just to see if they have any songs I haven’t heard yet. I mean I really don’t care what they’re doing in their off time because mostly that’s none of my business. So when it comes down to it I really don’t care what’s going on someone’s computer as long as it isn’t illegal. Leave a comment on whether or not you think of this in the same way or maybe you think you should see be able to check people information, that would be kind of creepy though but hey I’m not one to judge.

1 comment:

Michelle Sylvia said...

haha....TMZ probably hires hackers to try to infiltrate the computers of the rich and famous! That would certainly leave me out. :) But there are other unscrupulous types that would probably like to dig in. But I agree - I think they'd be pretty bored with what they find. Because computers - although in my private home - by nature are accessible in a very public way, I am careful about what I do. But we can all be a little more careful. Nice post.