Monday, April 5, 2010

My Computer – Ethan B.

Why would the FBI and law enforcement agency confiscate a computer for evidence? You can learn a lot about people from their computers. If another person was to look through my computer, they would find an excessive amount of information about my family and me. The individual looking through my computer could find considerable data about my life and my family. I currently have word documents that relate to my life from my birth to present time. Our financial records ranging from taxes to bank accounts would be found on my computer. My mother has tax records and personal expenses from the time we moved our house 15 years ago. Also, my parents do all their banking online. We have many family pictures and places we have vacationed. My entire family has Facebook accounts. At least one of my family members is on the main computer looking at Facebook, picking crops, writing papers or banking most of the time. The person looking through my computer would also find computer games. Basically, if someone were to access my computer they could potentially find everything about my life and my families.

    I think our life on the computer most definitely has a major impact on our lives. I believe that both our computers and their content outline who we are. Anyone can stop themselves from going on their computers at any point during the day, if they choose. We choose the time we access our computers and where we place them. This is the way we shape our computers. The way our computers shape us is with information that we decide to post on the internet. When a person posts to their Facebook accounts or friends write on walls, it is the computer shaping our lives. People look up information on a daily basis on the internet to use in everyday life. If I was famous and the "museum of you" was erected, I would not want the public to view it. I wouldn't want to go to a museum that was all about me. I would not want people to view my computer files, internet search history or my other personal information. If I could pick a computer to access, it would absolutely be the President's. He must have secret information on his computer that I and millions of others would like to see. I would be able to read his thoughts, views on topics and secret information about the United States and himself.

1 comment:

Michelle Sylvia said...

Scary to think about the trail of our lives that we leave on these inanimate objects huh? Hmm...wondering if I should do some cleaning!