Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What do you think

The website that I chose for this assignment was weather.com; I would place this website in the ‘good’ category. I picked this website for more than one reason, the first reason was because the setup, to me I think it’s clean an easy to use and simple if you’ve never used it before. Links are clear an easy to navigate with, also they have many options for example you could put your zip code in an get the weather for your city or town and not the whole state.


A website that I see on a frequently basis is my school website, in my own opinion I would have to insist that this website is terrible. For more than enough reasons, when you first enter the website the things I notice are: the picture they put of the school is small and distant it does nothing to attract anyone to this school. The second reason is the empty space on the first page, when you go on a website even a school website it should attract you enough to make you want to explore other pages, and this website does not. Another thing is the links, the words look blurry and smudged like, also where it says “Please select an area of interest” the color makes it a little hard to read and the color is of no help. Lastly when exploring the website every page has text but there is too much white space, I think they should have it neat but everything is centered and to me it just seems sloppy. So these are some of the reasons I picked bptech.org for my bad website.

1 comment:

Adriana De Castro said...

Chellsey, I definitely agree with your choices on good and bad websites. Weather.com is a good example of an easy to read website. The search bar for the zip code is right at the top and its big and easy to find. I actually use the weather channel for my weather news all the time. As for BP's website, it's pretty bad. It is never updated when you need it to be! I always go on to check what's for lunch and it's always last weeks menu! the software they use is bad quality. It's colors are ugly as well. Its 2011, it's time to upgrade!