Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My take on Website Readability

Yale's School of Art website is really terrible.What do oranges have to do with 2011? I'm not sure what was going through their minds when they made it but I think that websites should be clean cut, even with the creativeness. It's extremely hard to read and there is way too much going on. I suppose they were trying to make "high art" in their website but its not really portraying the way it should, it just looks cheap. They need to hire a new website designer asap!

Claire Baxter is an Art Director, Sr. Designer, and Brand Manager. Her website is amazingly creative but at the same time so easy to navigate. It took me just a second to find out what is her title for her career! It's hard to find a website that is so appealing and easy to read all in one but she has accomplished that nicely.


1 comment:

Jess Lupo-Brackett said...

I agree with you completely, I never thought I’d see Yales website to look like that ever. It does look cheap and unprofessional to the max. I also enjoy your good website and feel that it has a very creative element to it.