Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Eco-Friendly vs. News

General Electric took a different approach when creating the "smart grid" website. Instead of using lots of words to clutter the website, they created an interactive website that talks about what it happening in the animations. I find this to be a good use of current technology to get a new age idea across. the website is about saving energy and what GE is doing to help, and to show it you interact with the website to change the world. Smart Grid

Haven Works is a website that is a "News Reference Facts Information Sources Intelligence" cite that is like a patchwork of ugliness put together.I feel like the web designers tried to put up every color in HTML possible. The website follows a general table outline but then overran the lines with images and created a banner that looks like the internet threw up on it! Haven Works

1 comment:

Allison said...

Cammy, I agree with General Electric. I looks very nice and clean. I like how it was all voice and not a lot of words because i hate reading.

I completely agree about the Haven Works website, it is awful. When I clicked on it I got really dizzy and confused. There was so many words that I got right off of it because my head hurt. They need to put less words on the website. They could put links to different pages instead of everything on the home page. You did very good, but had a few spelling mistakes, but it is okay because you can't spell.