Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Website Readability


One website that I feel that shows examples of easy-to-read text would be my uncle’s website click here to view for yourself, Sol Yoga. I think that there are pictures placed in appropriate places along with text to follow. This is a well rounded and put together website about his yoga company. There are links at the top of the page that can take you to eleven different pages, which keep you informed about Sol Yoga. On his website he even has picture links to keep his company socially connected to websites like FaceBook Twitter and Yelp. I also feel like the color schemes are well chosen and well put together it’s not to over whelming for the eye.

I also came across a website that I felt does not show examples of easy-to-read text it’s a website about Evangel Cathedral. I think that this website is really overwhelming to the eye, everything is moving around and hard to focus on what you’re trying to look at and read. When you click the links on the left side once you enter the website it takes a minute to actually open the links I also feel that this website is not suitable for the general topic of the actual website.

1 comment:

Nick Barthe said...

Personally, I think that the first website is pretty nice. It's easy to navigate from page to page. It has an easy to use navigation bar and the pictures are nicely put. The second site on the other hand I agree is over the top with effects. It's kind of like they tried to make the website so impressive with effects that it just makes it ugly and ridiculous.