Thursday, October 28, 2010

What are some complaints about the Eco Index as it exists now?

Right now the Eco Index has some problems because every step in the life of a product affects the Ecosystem. When cloths are being manufactured they use a lot of things like cotton, thread, water, etc. Most clothes use multiple tags, these tags use a lot of plastic and most of the tags used for these clothes aren’t necessary. I think one tag is enough. There is a lot of shipping products go through before they reach their destinations, so that uses a lot of fuel. People could donate their old clothes when they no longer want them but a lot of them just throw out their old clothes. I think companies should put on their tag that these clothes should not be thrown out, they should be donated to good will. What do you think makers of these products could do to make the Eco Index better?

-Ashley

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I agree with you Ashley. I believe more companies should focus on being more economically friendly. They should consider using less tags, more recycled items, and less of animal fur. It would attract more customers if on their website they added a eco section explaining the things they do that make that company eco friendly.
-lisa

Chellsey said...

I agree with you both, I think you have have good views on the whole eco friendly idea. I think more people should recycle not just to help the environment but to help other people. But either way i think the turn out would be better for everyone.
-Chellsey

lillydevine said...

I agree on all things. I think they are trying to be eco friendly but at the same time they aren't realizing much of the concept. The less tags is a great idea and same with the animal fur. They could cut back on these things and continually progress more and more to be eco friendlier.
-Lilly

Molly McCabe said...

I agree with everyone, I think that companies should definitely start to become Eco-friendly as much as possible. Also I think that companies should start thinking about how they can improve being green if they already are.
-Molly