Friday, October 31, 2008

Melanie and Steve!

Melanie: After reading the article entitled "Fewer Youths Jump Behind the Wheel at 16" many thoughts crossed my mind. When reading the first sentence the first thing that came to mind was "I Totally Agree!". Turning 16 can be a milestone in many teenage lives. The most common first thing to do is get your license! To some people getting your license is your ticket to freedom as the article says. Having your license means no more depending on others to get to places, and also a way to show maturity. Having my license for just about over a year now, I can relate greatly to that theory. I no longer depend on my parents for anything! I go where I please, and when I please. At first it wasn't as easy of course. I first got my license in August of 2007 and got my first car just about 3 weeks into the month of September. Getting my first car was truly the happiest day of my life; I didn't want to quit driving! I rove just about everywhere to show as many people as I could. Now of course when you're new at the game your parents are going to be somewhat strict and have some rules till you prove to them that you can handle yourself out there on the road. It took just about a year to finally prove to my parents that I have grown up and can handle myself responsibly on the road. I now have more freedom then I ever had in my life! But knowing that I still try my hardest to stay smart and responsible so that things will stay like this for a while!

Steve: I can relate to the article "Fewer Youths Jump Behind the Wheel at 16". I am currently 17 years old and I have chosen to not get my license just yet. I have really not been in a rush to get my license for a few reasons. Reason one being I have a ride when ever I need to go somewhere and reason two it has now gotten to expensive to get your license before you are 18. The numbers of road lessons have increased the cost of road lessons have increased along with the prices of classes. Yes I know that if you decide to go there and get everything done your insurance might not be as high but you truly are saving yourself a lot of money now, waiting until you're 18 and getting your license without none of those. The price increase in my opinion is why many teenagers have not yet gotten their license, especially with where our economy is at right now. I think waiting is your best option.

No comments: