Friday, October 31, 2008

BLOGGIN!

To be honest that article got a little ridiculous towards the end. I have my license and I did my Drivers Ed and my six driving lessons. So it's hard for me to have sympathy but I understand what these kids feel like. The way the economy is at the moment would make anyone stray from getting their license. Buying a car and paying for your own insurance and gas is extremely difficult. I manage to pay for it all but at least seventy percent of my pay check each week will filter into some sort of payment for my car. I am a witness of these teens not having the motivation to go out and do the Drivers Ed program. One of my good friends Dan is 17 right now and will be 18 in July and he hasn't even gone for his permit. His main excuse is that his friends will just drive him around.

The few paragraphs in this article that bothered me were towards the end. That mother who won't allow her daughter to drive is in my opinion crazy. She made her daughter drive with a police officer to look at accidents? That is so stupid. Your average teenage realizes how dangerous cars are and by you keeping her in the closet like that she may never go out and drive. In the last paragraph she says now she doesn't want to get her license. I believe that was a direct result of her mother. My answer to her is let your kid grow up and do what she wants. Just make sure she has the restrictions you want but there is no reason to keep her in fear of getting her license. But who am I to make decisions for others.

No comments: