Friday, October 31, 2008

Decrease in 16 year-olds jumping for their license – Paige & Megan



In all honesty, I think it's good that kids are waiting to get their license. Whether it's because of money, practice or lack of interest, I think it's in a teen's best interest to wait. The whole bundle of getting your license can be extremely expense. Driver's education is around $150 if you don't go through your high school. Then, for your road lessons, its $40 per each, and there are 12 you have to complete. So, road lessons roughly cost $480. That's crazy! If I was money-savvy, I would've waited until I was 18 and just got my permit and went for my license. Another reason teens should wait is to practice more. Although we have to complete driver's education, and also road lessons... some teens just don't get enough practice. I know a boy that has had his license for less than a year and has managed to get into 2 accidents within a time span of 2 months. Not only should he get his license taken away but he should have to retake the courses. He is a threat to other drivers. Getting your license does have it's benefits, though. Instead of your parents having to cart you around 24/7, now you can do it yourself. It also teaches responsibility. Now that you have the chance to get your license, you may have more of a motivate to actually get a job.

No comments: